From:
Ophelia Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:47:26 -0700
I occasionally babysit a couple ferrets (Hi Mister and Baby!), one
of whom has an obsession with potatoes. He'd drag the damn things all
over the apartment, and it wasn't until I saw the flies that I knew
he'd taken them under the bed...

So I think it's safe to assume that some ferrets are drawn to taters...

In a completely different vein, I'd like to thank Ms Colburns for
sharing the death of Ping is He. I think she's made all of our lives
better by sharing her stories, and those include the ones before the
loss of Ping is He. I've laughed at many of her commentaries, and I'm
sure I'm not alone.

I can't help but think that any ferret living under her roof, with
or without canines named after tractors, wouldn't have had a damned
charmed life; and one better off by far than most.

So she lost one to an anxious dog? In the big picture, a hundred
ferrets probably died that day: in labs, or in homes inadequately
ferret-proofed (or with indifferent owners), or in the wild.

I'll bet not one who died that day had as much love given to them
as Ping is He.

Furthermore, I'll bet the dog, Allison-Chompers (or whatever screwy
name it is) gets plenty of love too.

So let's just accept Ping's death and thank God or goodness or
Alexandra that he had a full life and gave joy to his hooman, and
through her gave joy to others.

He could have been one of those sad cases on Craigslist, but he wasn't.
He _wasn't_, and that's what matters.