From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:04:26 -0500
Please pick a ferret from the giving trees soon! There are 51 trees up
with lots of little ones left to chose from.
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com/index.php

Maybe you can only afford a soft cuddly toy or blanket. If so, why not
do what I do. I go through the trees, find a ferret or two that lists
what I can give, pack it up and mail it without becoming their santa. I
print off the tree listing and include it and a card in the package so
the caretaker knows who it goes to. That way I'm still able to give a
gift or two even though I'm not their official santa. Even if someone
only sends one soft cuddly toy, that can make it a happier christmas
for the ferrets.

If you have a Dollar Tree store in your town, they have dollar dog/cat
toys. Check to make sure the toys are safe for fuzzies with no little
pieces they could chew off or ingest before you buy them. One toy = $1.
Place in a padded envelope and mail it! For about $3 you can make a
shelter fuzzy very happy.

If you can afford a little more, Walmart has thick soft fleece baby
blankets for $4.00. You can package those in a padded envelope too!
Maybe toss in a $1 toy too boot!

Maybe you have an extra package or two of treats that you can send! Or
an extra hammock or sleep sack!

Here's a challenge, I challenge others to send one item to one ferret
on the tree without becoming their santa. It's your choice if you want
to take up the challenge, but I really hope everyone does. That would
be over 2000 extra gifts for fuzzies this year! Wow, wouldn't that be
wonderful! It would bring smiles to many shelter caretakers faces and
if any santas don't come through this year maybe they'll have an extra
gift to give the forgotten little ones.

One, two, three, GO to the tree and pick!
http://www.ferretgivingtree.com/index.php

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org