From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 16:30:01 -0400
Can anyone put me on to the name of a company that makes hammocks?  I don't
think I should use the cotton kind with the fleecy material anymore as a
ferretie someone (don't know who, could be one of them, could be all three,
haven't caught anyone in the act yet) eats the fleecy stuff.  And I know
they dig at it and break off pieces because it's getting very thin in the
middle.  I don't want to use the nylon kind of hammocks that usually sell in
Petsmart as someone (again, don't know who) took the tunnel they had that
was made of the stuff and tore it up.  I saw at a ferret show someone used
baby sleepers, which seems like a good idea as long as they're durable.  I
would like to get one that's made up of only cotton.  Any suggestions would
be helpful.

I've noticed a lot of folks having problems finding housing with their
ferrets.  It seems to me that apartment complexes shouldn't mind ferrets.
They live in cages (well, they don't have to know that they come out 6 hours
a day <G>), they're quiet and even if there are accidents, they're a heck of
a lot smaller than say, a Labrador Retriever's accidents.  And if they're
cared for properly, I don't think they smell any more than any other pets.
I have a friend who's currently homeless because he can't find an apartment
that will take his ferrets.  Luckily, his ferrets can stay here while he's
looking around.  I'm getting kind of anxious watching his search because I'm
potentially looking to move out myself and if he can't find a place I sure
can't find one as I have other pets besides ferrets.  Seems kind of
discriminatory for places to allow kids but not pets.  Or tell you what pets
you can and can't have.  Aren't we entitled to the pursuit of happiness?  So
happiness to me is having pets.  And my pets are a heck of a lot more
behaved that a lot of kids I see.  While I'm ranting and raving, if anyone
knows of a ferret friendly landlord and/or apartment complex in the Northern
Virginia area, could you email me privately with the name?  Thanks for any
suggestions you could provide....

Laura