From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:15:42 EST
I haven't had the experience of doing kitty odors.... they are different
and more difficult than ferret odors.

Here is a site with some tips that may help with the ferrets and
their cage.
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/smell.html
Wolfy's Wondifferous World of Weasels...Ferrets, that is!!

as far as the carpet I got great suggestions:
I know one thing...we had inspection and we ran out to the nearest groc
store (or eckards, etc) and rented a steam machine for like 18 dollars.  We
bought lots a huge jugs of natures miracle from petsmart and used it in the
steam machine (with the steam cleaner you put in it).  You need at least a
gallon of natures miracle or more and that can be expensive.  If it's too
expensive for you, just buy the deoderizers that go into the steam machine
and use it liberously!  OK then after you do that and the carpet dries for
24 hours... get arm and hamors pet carpet deoderizer at the supermarket....
and sprinkle your carpet the night before the inspection or as close to it
as possible.  That stuff REALLY works (but only for a couple days).... and
is safe for the animals (though I would not let them on it while its on
the rug).  You need to let the stuff sit on the carpet OVERNIGHT and then
vacuum for it to work.  good luck

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/