From:
christine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:32:35 -0800
I have been abscent from the list for a while but would like to say
something here.  Please forgive any redundancies with any other posts.

On yahoo movies you can get to the website for Along came Polly and send
comments directly to Universal.  Or go to www.alongcamepolly.com and send
comments to Universal Studios.

I did and my comments were as follows.

I am thrilled at the idea of a ferret co star but dismayed at the
comments made by your actors Stiller and Aniston.I am furthur dismayed
by Stillers comments about keeping the CA ferret ban going.

Actors are just that..  actors and not animal behavioralists or rocket
scientists.Unfortunatly most American media consumers consider actors
intelligent when that is not often the case.

ANY domestic pet or trained animal when under stress is subject to nip.
A ferret normally sleeps @ 18 hours a day and perhaps a rigorous set
schedule was stressful, as well and the bright lights and noise.Any pet
including a pet parakeet (( as well as the family dog or cat) might nip
under such circumstances ( and sometimes has done so).  Be brave Mr.
Stiller, I did not hear you needed a dozen stitches or anything.

To make derogatory comments and thus anger the animal lover community and
keep mis information going about this beloved animal does no service to
anyone.It Also makes the actors seem like silly prima donnas.  Tom Cruise
was praised and got lots of press for his treatment of horses in the
filming of Samuri.Aniston herself was praised and given an Animal planet
special about grizzly bears and their beauty and preservation after her
husbands movie with the bears.I did notice she kept a very polite
distance from the bears who have been known to "nip" handlers when
suprised.  Ms. Aniston and mr. Stiller with all due respect where were
your PR people?  weren't you prepped on how to respond to inevitable
ferret questions?  I would like very much to hear what the ferrets
trainers have to say about all this.

And as far as being stinky...can't smell as bad a some of those sweaty
actors or the grizzly bears for that matter.

And the rodent comment or the marsupial comment, give me a break , don;t
they sound stupid and adolescent!

Regards,
Christine in New York