From:
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:05:03 -0700
I am sending out this email again as we would still like to see Timmy
go to a one on one home.

We recently rescued a 3 month old ferret that is paralyzed in the back
end. He gets around just fine and we keep him in a one level cage. He
requires assistance to pee and poop. He should be bathed every day and
I have started cutting up blankets that can be tossed out after use so
to keep his area very clean. He was to the vet and the x-ray did not
show a break. He has been seen by two vets and they feel he is in no
pain, and I agree. He is on a small dose of Pred. to see if that helps.
He likes to play in the ferret tubes and run around like every other
baby ferret, even though the back end does not work, it does not stop
him. We really don't know what happened to him and he is from a large
petstore chain where the "trauma" happened. No one is admitting to the
accident. I was wondering if anyone had a small cart that they may have
used for their ferret and are no longer using it. I have some ideas for
making one but that seems more complicated and I thought if someone had
one that is not being used that would be great. Also, if anyone has any
ideas, maybe from experience, on how to care for a ferret like Timmy
all ideas are welcome. Timmy is very sweet and we want to do our best
for him. If someone wanted to adopt him and give him more one on one
attention, rather than on of 30.. that would be great.. He would
probably be a good playtime friend for another ferret too. They would
have to fill out an application on our website at www.morningstarr.org.
Only a ferret experienced person would be considered and someone who
has the time and funds available to give him the best of care. In the
meantime he is doing very well. This is not an emergency but we would
like him to get more one on one.

Regards,

Fran C. Freedman, President & Co-Founder
Morning Starr Animal Sanctuary, An All Volunteer Organization
"A New Beginning..."
www.morningstarr.org

You may contact us at: 928-821-2420 or email: [log in to unmask] or
mail: P.O. Box 1363, Cornville, AZ 86325