From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:55:35 -0700
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breedings and blindness

In ferrets, quite often if momma gets mastitis, the kits will get eye
infections.  If you treat both quickly there is no problem.

Momma is best treated by either warm compresses or warm leisures soaks.
Kits get a opthmalogic goo.  Don't force open or pop the eyes, infected
or not.

Never seen the same thing in dogs, cats, or goats.  Just ferrets.

>From:    Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Breeders/Shelters
>Like Bev, I am both a rescue shelter and a breeder... the two are seperate
>entities, under seperate names and very definate rules.  I can not speak
>for all who may do both, however I know for myself personally, the idea
>that something "unethical" goes on just because I do both is an insult.

As far as I know there is no question of your ethics.  You don't pretend
your breeder kits are shelter ferrets.  You're cool.

Has someone been flaming breder/shetlers again that I missed?  We've gotten
attacked over it before.  Sometimes by folks taht do both themselves.

We have seperate names for our doing both activities but both are also
under the zen name.  Just our choice.  Halfway House for Woebegone Ferrets
is our shelter.  International House of Ferrets is our ferretry.

b&d
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets