Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2013 22:42:45 -0400
I've purchased Totally Ferret food for many years now, and have had
many ferrets during that time. Currently I have six ferrets, and I've
been using the Turkey-Lamb-Venison in fairly large quantities (3 or 4
30-lb. bags a year). Up until now, the quality and size of the TLV
kibble has been good, consistent, and reliable. However, the most
recent bag, with an exp. date of July 2014, is a real problem. Probably
20 - 30% of the pieces are WAY too thick for ferrets to safely eat.
Even my biggest boy got one stuck in the roof of his mouth yesterday,
and this after two of my girls had problems last week. I now have to
run all of the kibble thru a food processor to break it into smaller,
safe pieces. Needless to say, I'm not happy doing this for an entire
30 lb. bag.

I am wondering why this bag has such unsafe, large pieces of kibble
that would really be much more suited to a dog than a ferret. I also
need to know if you can assure me that this problem will not arise
again. Otherwise, I am going to have to change foods, and you will
lose out on about 150 lbs. of food per year that I've been purchasing
(I also buy one other type). I have been a LONG time Totally Ferret
supporter, and I hope that you will look into this and, more
importantly, prevent it from happening in the future.

Sincerely,
Jeff Rosenberg