From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:11:08 -0800
>....EXTREMELY painful for the ferret and This is NOT the way to get blood
>from a ferret.  You know from grooming accidents that it makes a ferret
>vocalize in pain...

Wanted to respond to this one.  Taking a 3 month old baby in for
Vaccinations is pretty darn cruel, too!  The first time I had to take my
son in, it nearly devastated me.  As soon as the needle found his little
leg and he screamed-I passed out COLD!!!!  It was an awful exerience-but
you know what, I took him back for his boosters-took my daughter in for all
her shots too!  It just seems to me that many, many things in the medical
field are unpleasant!  I know I have had some pretty nasty tests done!  I
think it would be far easier to clip a nail to get a blood sample from a
ferret than it would be to have to put one under!  Ferret, cat, dog or even
human-there is always a risk in being "put under".  While clipping a nail
is painful-as are vaccinations for babies, it is a necessary evil.  The
important thing is that we are there to provide comfort when it's over!!
Just my opinion!!

Della and the Tumbleweeds
Judy Cooke

Tyson,Einstein and Hope

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and
natural tyrants, sure of themselves, strong in their
own opinions, never doubting anything." Clarence Darrow