From:
"Aileen K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 06:17:01 -0800
We currently do not have any ferrets.  Our last one, Toby, passed away
last spring from kidney failure.  I was so heartbroken at losing all of
our ferrets (6 total) that I couldn't bear the thought of another one.

But I had a dream last night, and I am trying to convince my hubby that
it was a sign to get a new one.

We were in a house, not ours though.  I was upstairs and there was this
blue fleece blanket on the floor (I have one, which makes the dream more
creepy).  The blanket was moving and making squeeky noises.  So I picked
up the edge of it and yanked it into the air.  This HUGE, albino ferret
came tumbling out of it, weasel war dancing and chattering.  I gasped
and gathered him up into my arms.  He was so soft, and he snuggled right
up under my chin.  I ran downstairs to the workroom where my husband and
his best friend were playing with tools.  I held out the ferret and said
something like, "Look what the Herd sent me." (The Herd is the name I
gave to my business of ferrets because they sounded like a herd of
elephants when they ran down our un-carpeted attic stairs.)  "The Herd
sent this guy to watch over me."  My hubby gave me funny looks and raised
his eyebrows.  I repeated, "The Herd sent him for me.  I will call him
'Shepherd' because he is here to watch over me."

And that was the end of the dream.  Now does that sound like a sign or
what?!

Aileen

Missing the Herd so much:  Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Toby