From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:51:41 -0500
I am happy to announce Hope came home today from her follow up vet visit
with remarkable progress.  She gained 30% of her original body weight, and
is no longer considered starving!  She went from 300 grams to 415 grams!

The staff that originally saw her could not believe the difference in her
condition.  She will need to continue antibiotics for just a little while
longer, but she is doing so much better than anyone ever dreamed.  Even
the swelling to her private areas can no longer be detected, although
she'll be monitored closely in the upcoming weeks.

I am just so very grateful - she is going to be fine!

As for the Pet Supermarket cruelty charges, PETA is working closely and
aiding the investigator in determining the "responsible parties."

Mellisa Eberle
Cid, Boo, and a nearly healthy Hope!
http://www.robandmellisa.com/hope.html