From:
Patricia Stauffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:56:50 -0700
I am having a personal dilema and would like the input of shelters
concerning the giving tree. For the past few years I have always sent
whatever gifts were requested for what ever ferrets I picked. Over
the past two years I could not help noticing that shipping/insurance
charges have been getting increasingly higher.....and don't get me
wrong it is not like it is a problem paying them.........but when I
look at a shipping charge that is $62 I can't help thinking how much
more the shelter could get for that $62. It could be a $40# bag of
food. So I am asking the opinion of shelters. Would something like
Visa gift cards be more beneficial than actual gifts? Or are the
actual gifts preferred?