From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:50:46 -0500
>From:    Sunny <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I've been reading this list for a while now and I have to speak up.  What
>the bleep are you people going on about?!?  I've had ferrets for over
>forty years now and I've yet to have a ferret NOT live beyond 10 years....

Yikes!  A wee bit, um, abrupt in your manner, eh?  Perhaps more could be
absorbed if you didn't yell at us first.  I do want to disagree with your
clumping litter.  It is a mess, and can cause lung problems.  Your ferrets
aren't bothered by it?  Great!  My cats are.  I am.  My ferrets don't
touch it.  I figure I use my nose less than the ferrets and I get horrible
reactions to it.  My cats sneezed constantly.  My ferrets have never been
around it (at my house).

Just a question, you had ferrets for 40 years, and they were all rescues?
During the 1960s ferrets were fairly uncommom.  I am curious to where you
got yours (state, shelter, breeder, etc.) I am also wondering what colors
they were and how big they were forty years ago.  Now, you can yell all
you want at me, but be nice to the others!  I can take alot/

Gail