Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:49:27 -0400
Guys -

Please be careful about making someone feel they shouldn't have
posted about ferrets for adoption. I live in Franktown, CO, just over
the hill from Castlerock. I have had ferrets, mostly shelter rescues,
for 15 years. I read this post at 9 AM MDT, and by 10:30 AM, they were
on hold for me. THATS why they were not still on the website after
10:30 AM.

I had contacted Esther privately, and asked for some info, then,
because the DDFL is a kill shelter, my husband went down and picked up
these ferrets. I did not contact the FML immediately, and that was due
to some time constraints with both our schedules, my bad.

Esther is the hero here, for posting this. These ferrets are now in my
care, and though I had sworn to be done with my last one, these somehow
called to me. Thank you for your concern, but remember, that there may
be a "rest of the story" coming soon, and the messenger is the last one
who should be made to feel chastened. I would rather go on a wild goose
chase, than lose ferrets that can be saved. BTW, the DDFL WILL tell you
if animals are on hold or adopted.

Nancy Mitchell