From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:03:24 -0500
The protein percentage in Ensure is great.  The sugar percentage is not.

When you mix one cup of sugar with one cup of meat, you've got 50% protein
& 50% sugar.  Which may sound condescending, but the simple truth is, that
a lot of fairly intelligent people get confused when percentages enter the
nutrition discussion.

Ensure's got a lot of really good ingredients... but by the time you mix it
with enough other stuff to bring down the sugar percentage... YOU'VE ALSO
REDUCED THE PERCENTAGE OF THE OTHER GOOD STUFF to trace amounts!  You are
essentially wasting money.

Instead of Ensure, use something that has the good stuff without the sugar.
(You might try Deliver 2.0.  You may have to have your pharmacy order it
for you.)

On the side of being safe rather than sorry, I also tell people not to put
Ferretone on kibble.  Many people commonly "add to" the kibble in a free
feed bowl, and dump the crumbs only once a week or two weeks, even... Busy
lives... refills on the run... we're only human, Supermoms & Superdads are
rare and don't last long.  Ferretone soaking into kibble crumbs in the
bottom of the bowl can get rancid without being noticed.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home