From:
Kelly Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:13:58 -0900
Adopted an older ferret from Animal Control.  Vet thinks about 8yrs(?).
Appear healthy other than gum disease and cataracts.  However, I noticed
staining from urine...he doesn't appear to strain when going to the
bathroom and poops are normal in appearance.  I thought that I read
something on the net some time ago about this being a symptom of
something...but I can't remember what and my vet is not certain.  She
gave us amoxi-drops to help with the dental problems and any possible
urinary tract infection.  Any ideas about whether this is a concern or
what might be going on would be very appreciated!

PS-is hydrated; a little thin, but likes duck soup...so we hope to get
a little more weight on him.  Have no idea about his history as he was
abandoned.

Thank you in advance!
Sheila