From:
Melissa Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:35:27 -0700
Hello,

I have been reading on FML since I adopted my first three ferrets from
HOFA Rescue (Ohio) in May of this year. (I didn't stop at three, I now
have six). I didn't have any questions until now.

I'm writing to find out if anyone has any success with finding a "good"
ferret vet in or around the Wayne county area of Ohio.

The vet's office that has been suggested to me couldn't do a ADV test
without further research. (I am going to do the test myself). I also
found out yesterday that another vet in the same office, that has taken
care of the ferrets for our vocational school has informed the teacher
of the Animal Care program that the female ferret they have is Adrenal,
(they didn't do any blood tests, due to costs), but there isn't any
treatment for the adrenal disease and she should just wait until the
ferret stops eating and put the her down. I was shocked.

I have heard many encouraging stories on FML of success of implants for
ferrets that are adrenal. I have told the teacher that I would get more
information for her and hopefully anyone that has a success story will
email me so that I can pass on the information.

I want to make the school take responsibility for the ferrets in their
care.. I don't believe this little girl should have to suffer because
the school has a so-called "spending-limit" on vet care.

Thank you in advance for all of your help,

melissa-
hoomin to Missy, Sable, Fate, Buehler, Ferris & Gyro.