From:
Judi Lunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 09:42:48 -0400
Hi everyone, sorry I'm late in posting the balance of the sponsors, and it
is forthcoming shortly.  Please note that some of the sponsors are local,
and may not seem to apply to out-of-New Yorkers, but a letter to a Broadway
show stating you will not be viewing it due to CBS can help from a would-be
tourist.  I have to disagree with Denise as far as the boycott issue.  I
believe just telling sponsors you will not view them on CBS doesn't help,
as I can tell you I've been carefully screening the Today Show all week,
and the sponsors are almost identical.  So, why would a General Motors,
etc.  care if you won't be watching their commercial on CBS?  They know
you'll see it on another network.  I, for one, am letting the sponsors know
that I will not use their products due to the CBS segment, and I will (and
have) said it in a nice way.  You have to let them know it is certainly not
THEIR fault, but the fault of CBS.  Denise, I guess you and I can agree to
disagree on this.  Just let's all remain civil and informed.

My daughter, in college in Pittsburgh, has committed to two (one albino, one
dark sable) large, mushy, male ferrets who had been abandoned at a shelter,
left there in a cardboard box.  I have found a loving home for them here on
Long Island.  Problem:  She is coming home via Washington DC on June 30th (US
Air) and cannot take a ferret in the cabin, and we won't allow babies to go
below with the luggage!  She is flying to Washington then driving up to NY
with her cousin.  Does anyone have ANY advice on how I can get these two
love-bugs from Pittsburgh to Washington or to NY?  If my car would make the
trip, I'd drive there and pick them up right now.  My daughter says they are
the most affectionate ferrets she's ever met, and they are approx. 2-3 years
old, neutered males.  Please, does anyone have a suggestion?  Is anyone out
there from Pittsburgh and perhaps driving toward NY or Washington this month?
 We're so anxious to get these boys here.  What would happen if she tried to
smuggle them onto the airplane?  I'd appreciate any advise ASAP.  Thanks.
And, the balance of the sponsor list will be on its way very shortly.  H ave
a good day, Judi Lunn