From:
Joe Chevere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 21:55:09 -0700
I am finally out of tears.  About 4 hours ago, Hobbes crossed of the
Rainbow Bridge.  I don't know how old he was.  Best I could figure is that
he was between 7 and 8 years old.  I adopted Hobbes from the local Human
Society exactly 6 years ago.  He had been abandoned and may have spent
three days alone in an apartment with no food or water.  The HS had him in
a cage in the same room that they caged "vicious" dogs.  These were large
dogs that barked continuously.  There were three ferrets in cages on a
shelf.  The poor little guys were stiff with fear.  I was a bit assertive
with the staff about moving the ferrets to someplace more appropriate.  I
came back the next day and all three had been moved to an examination room.

I am happy to say that Hobbes, along with Timon (crossed the Bridge in
October 99) and Phred (crossed the Bridge in Aug 99) were all spoiled.
They were fat, playful, happy, little guys.

In his last days, Hobbes was held a lot.  He died in my arms, wrapped in
his favorite blanket.  There is something comforting in that; he wasn't
alone at the end.

I like to think when a ferret leaves us, there's another little fuzzies
for a little angel to play with.

Joe

Phred Aug 6, 1999
Timon Oct 29, 1999