From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 02:59:58 -0500
Hi!  I have been a "lurker" on this list since I started getting it.  But, I
have a little question that just popped into my head that I thought I should
ask.  I adopted a new "baby" ferret about 2 weeks ago.  Well, he isn't a
baby, he is a little more than 2 years old!  <G> He had a check up before I
got him, and was told he got a clean bill of health.  I took him (Samson) to
the vet last week to get his stiches out (he was fixed), and she (vet)
checked him over, but he didn't get any blood work done.  I have read that
ferts over 2 should get blood tests run at their check-ups.  Samson is going
in next week for his rabies shot, so, my question is this.  Should I have
them give him some blood tests, to make sure everything is fine?  I called
to ask the vet's opinion, but she is at some conference until this weekend,
so that was a dead end.  And if you remember, please try to keep Samson in
your prayers/thoughts.  He has had diarreha for a week now, and it seems to
be getting worse.  I took in a stool sample today, and get the results
tomorrow.

Also, I have recently moved to NY, and was wondering where I can get
purchase Totally Ferret.  I have been having my mom send it to me, but the
supply is getting low, and the ferts are going to be angry with me if I
don't get more.  <G> I am in Poughkeepsie, and am willing to travel about an
hour for it.  I know that I can get it on Long Island, but that is a long
drive for me.

Hug your fuzzies for me!  Dooks and Bucks (what my SO and I call their
noises) from the ferts!

 ~Jaymi + 4~
"Not now, I'm eating."~Leroy
"I may be tiny, but I can kick your fuzzy butt!"~Petra
"I am 'Rubber Band Ferret'.  Watch me flop!"~Kirby
"Give me Cheerios, or give me nothing at all."~Samson