From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:33:09 -0400
Hello Lisette!  I wish you the best with your move!  I have carpet in my
ferret room (it was here when I moved in last year) and it's been great.
Warm for the ferret feet and easy for their mobility.  It does get a lot
of accidents, but they are easy to spot.  I've found a great cleaner
(cheap, effective, and easy to use) that has saved my sanity.  It's the
OxiClean crystals - they're great.

I have a wood floor in my dining and living room area that is beautiful,
but not so great for the ferrets.  Mikette can not navigate on the floor
at all (hind end weakness and large belly) and is not in the ferret room
full time.  Jillie in her final time also found the wood floor very
slippery.  When Mikette was out she had a lot of accidents on the wood
floor.  Unlike on the rug, if the accidents sat long before discovery
the wood floor would get damaged.  I have lots of permanent dark spots
on the floor courtesey of Mikette.

Hope you find a good choice for your fuzzies and you!

Dooks
Risa