From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 22:27:31 -0700
I thought I would add my two cents to "Two Pole Pumpkin Ferretry topic.

I don't know how Bill Killian knows about Two Pole Pumpkin Ferretry?
Would be interested to hear why he said the things he did!

I have 6 ferrets that came from Charlie Herring of Two Pole Pumpkin
Ferretry in Southern Oregon.  They all turned 4 years old this October and
all are doing fine.  I wonder if Charlie Herring ever tested her 2,000
ferrets for ADV??  I hope the new owners will test these ferrets for ADV
and will let us know what they find out!  I also know someone that has been
at her ferretry, and the conditions that these ferrets lived in.  I sure
hope the new owners make sure that they do a better job!  I can't even
imagine how anyone can take care of that many ferrets.  I know that it
takes me all day to take care of the ferrets that I have!  I also know that
this couple doesn't have all of Charlie's stock, I know that she sold lots
of her ferrets to breeders in the USA, Canada, Japan, and someplace in
Europe.  I also know that she sold her business because of her health!
She had no other choice but to get out of the ferret business.

It has come to my attention that a certain Shelter/breeder in the Seattle
area has in the past had ferrets that had ADV. and that also those ferrets
were sent to a Breeder/shelter in Oregon.  I hope that people that have had
experience in each state with ADV will post on the FML and let us all know,
so we all can be more careful.