Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:20:09 -0500
Our vet did a trachea swab and sensitivity on three of ours because
of a persistent cough. He found strep and pastuerella. Doxycyclene
(tetracyclene) and baytril worked to clear it up the first time but it
came back. They worked the second time too, but it came back again.
Albon appeared to work the third time. Then we used a nebulizer with
amikacin and dexamethasone. It still comes back in some.

It might be worth a trachea swab and sensitivity test to find out what
is going on in these types of situations.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org