From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 1996 09:40:09 -0500
>The gap under the front of the cabinets is normal and is intended to allow
>for air circulation...Check kitchens, bathrooms and anywhere else where you
>have these cabinets.

To Dave Ellis and Catherine Shaffer:

Yep, sounds familiar.  We have such a space under some kitchen drawers which
was unoticed by all of us Rocky & Squeekers included.  When Peaches came
along quite a few years after R&S had been here, she found it right away.
Now both she and Squeekers use it as a hidey hole (Rocky has passed on), and
sleep there quite often.  They are nice and warm and safe and we can get to
them by taking the bottom drawer out.

The bad part was that they can get to the counter through the top drawer,
but have gradually lost interest though.  The even worse part was that they
took to using the bottom drawer as a bathroom.  That was solved <sigh> by
putting down several layers of newspaper and then filling the bottom drawer
with litter.  Works tolerably well, we lost the use of a drawer but it helps
keep the floor clean and they seem to be very happy with the digs and use
them all the time.  :-)

It is on the other side of the kitchen BTW from the sink, which is also
'childproofed' with a rubber band around the two knobs, so they can't flip
open the doors and get in.  At least not yet.  ;-)