From:
Kristine Lunny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:32:33 -0800
First a big thank you to all those helping us both financially and
emotionally through this craziness.  FOF is closed now and we are running
as an ADV positive shelter.

We have tested for ADV since Nov. of 2000 by saliva, using both the POCT
and elisa test on all incoming ferrets.  Some have been done more than once.

Frontier ferrets has been testing (not sure how long) using the POCT test.

Sam, now belonging to my Vet Tech, has been tested here using the Elisa
and then about a week and half prior to the beginning of this mess at the
vets office using the POCT test.

Blood tests have been done in house at my vets, with directions that were
sent by Dr. Stephens.  All Blood tests have been done by pulling blood
and NOT by clipping toe nails.  Sterile new vials used on each ferret.

AVECON TESTING:

2/20/02
Ferrets tested:
Frontiers-
      Bogie-Positive
      Rowdy-Positive

FOF-
      Snowflake-Positive
      Silver Belle-Positive
      Lil Bear-Negative
      Sam- Positive

2/21/02
Rowdy
was retested by saliva (POCT) by me and Neen (frontier Ferrets) -Negative

Back to blood tests-

Frontier-
      Jack-Positive
      Darby-Positive

FOF-
      Goober, Ellie, Sylvia, Moby, Gerdy, Shayla, Romeo and Lindy all
      tested  Positive.  Romeo being the strongest

2/22/02

FOF
      Raymond, Hawi, Brody, Molly, AJ, Don Juan, Pippi, Akiko, Shady
      Lady, Teddy Bear, Zelah, Cybil, Glazier, Pooka all tested Negative.

        Tiki-Positive
        format=flowed

2/25/02

FOF-Romeo and Sam (vet Techs) retested by blood-Negative

2/28/02

United CEP test results for Sam and Romeo-Negative

Hopefully this will help folks understand so far what is happening here.
Starting next week (hopefully) we will begin to retest all ferrets here
(36) by sending Saliva and Blood to Avecon labs and by sending blood to
United Labs.

Thank you,

Kristine

Friends of Fuzzies