From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:44:08 -0400
Okay I need help!!  Does anyone out there know when dogs were domesticated
compared ferrets?  I have an ignorant dog lover who is trying to tell me
that dogs are so much more intelligent and have been around people so much
longer than my rats.  I do know a bit about dogs but never realy did much
research on them do to the fact I realy don't have the room for one.

I told this he has no idea about ferrets but seems to all about them.  He
told me they have the brain of a boa, a squirrel, and last but not least a
rat.  Now I don't want to piss any dog owners off here but I like ferrets a
whole lot better than dogs.  I will in the future own a dog when I do have
the room, but what I remember of dogs in my childhood was they are a pain.
I had two dogs as a very young child.  Lost one to the pound for eating all
the furniture the other because all the nieghbors complain of his howling at
the moon, the sun and what ever.  This guy will not do the research on
ferrets so I need the scoop on dogs.

On a sadder note I have lost the last of my three original ferrets.  Tasha
the ferret from hell.  If you old timers out there remember was a very
abused ferret and I saved her from being put down.  She would bite you to
the bone in a heartbeat.  After about a year and half become a very loving
ferret.  She still didn't know her own strength when it came to nipping from
time to time.  Left me in her sleep saturday afternoon.  She seemed fine
friday so I hope she passed without pain.  She lived a good life once I got
her but god only knows the pain she suffered before that.  From a ferret
from hell to loving little girl I will miss her.  But she will dance the war
dance with Sebastian and Mako her two greatest friends.  I also would like
to thank my wife (girl friend when Tasha first arived) to be the first
person to gain Tasha's trust.  No one not even myself could get close to her
at the time.  We will miss you.

Brad and Taz the spaz.