Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:29:14 -0500
The following article appeared in yesterday's LA Times, page 3 of section A:
http://www.latimes.com/news/state/20000221/t000016845.html

The article is focused on Pat Wright, serving jail time on charges related
to possession of a ferret, but also discusses the general CA ferret issue.
Tony Perry, the writer of the article, says, "If one is looking for an
example of a disconnection between law and reality, the issue of ferrets
is a good one."

Californians, if you haven't written letters to the Fish & Game Commission,
please check out the links below, get the information, and write the
letters.  You should also write your state senator and the governor.

If you've already written and still have the fever, I've put some
information up on writing letters to the editor.  Please check that out.
But the state officials should be first priority.

Non-Californians can always write to the governor, especially if they have
a California connection (moved out of state, refuse to vacation here,
turned down a job offer, have friends/family here that are afraid to write,
etc.).  I don't know what's politically correct as far as non-Californians
writing to the Fish and Game Commission, but I'll ask Jeanne to post her
opinion here.

As always, thanks for your efforts!  (and your patience)

Take care,

Joe

----
The Beach Boyz*