Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:26:52 -0800
We may be one of the lucky ones, but here in Reno, Nevada our PetSmart
store has welcomed our ferret group/shelter with open doors.  We have
ferret education and adoptions there every second Saturday of the
month.  We could do more if we had the volunteers.  Like most ferret
groups/shelters, the same few, do ;)  PetCo has also welcomed us in both
stores.  All these stores have good managers and the animals are treated
well.  I was at my vets not long ago when a PetCo employee I knew came in
to pick up a Cockatiel the vet had treated.  The bill was almost $250,
paid by PetCo.

That being said, I also know if PetSmart decides to sell ferrets here, it
will mean more ferrets into our shelter.  So, this Saturday we will be
handing out our ferret educational material, making sure folks know there
is a local shelter with many adoptable, sweet ferrets needing a forever
home, and most of all, discouraging that *impulse* cute baby ferret buy.

Ardith
www.nnfn.net
www.renoferrets.org