From:
Marc Lavergne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 19:33:41 -0500
I agree with Trish from Ferrets First Shelter that urged FML suscribers to
consult the FAQ and other online ressources.  Since some suscribers seem to
post to the FML before reading the FAQ, I was wondering if posting a brief
reminder at the end of the FML to consult the FAQ might help (in addition to
the one a the top): some people may skip the lenghty instructions at the
beginning to read the posts right away.  This might help reduce the size of
the FML.

Lorraine Tremblay & Pepe La Pew, Presto, Boum Boum, Snoreau, Sanka
& Mukluk

[Moderator's note: Whatever the heck the digest standard is - RFC1173 or
something - doesn't allow that, though I often suggest to people privately
to take a look at the FAQs if their post seems to be easily answered there -
so in other words, the FML is already shorter ;-) I don't think I'd want to
add to the length further by putting info on the bottom too... though I
dunno - might be fun to move the instructions around now and then if the
standard allowed it.  Hmmm... BIG]