From:
Laura L'Heureux Kupkee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:36:10 CDT
Hi, all.  Surprise -- yes I am still alive.  Been doing a lot of scanning,
lurking, and just plain not reading lately -- they weren't kidding about
final year!

But I find I must take the time to write for advice.  Since I last spoke with
you all, I have acquired a new little one -- Tigger, a male silver mitt baby -
I've wanted one for ages, and fell in love with him a few weeks ago; just
had to have him.  And he's an absolute star -- he keeps Ian and I in
stitches.  And Trella on her toes, especially since at 14 weeks he already
outweighs her by at least 1/2 a pound or more.  He has just one majorly
annoying fault.  He digs all the food out of their bowl and then they have no
food because eventually it works its way out of their towels and through the
grating where they can't reach it.  There it gets mixed with spilled litter
and I can't always put all of it back in the bowl -- plus it means they go
without food until I see he's taken it all out.  Again.  Is there a type of
food container with which he can't do this?  It needs to fit in their cage,
which is just one of the one level ferret cages -- when we graduate we'll get
a bigger cage, but right now that's what they have and I need a solution to
this problem that will work for their cage.  Any suggestions?  Please write
to me personally, as I'm not always able to read the list.  Thanks!

Laura

Laura L'Heureux Kupkee
U. of Illinois Vet Med -- FINAL YEAR!