From:
Amanda Christmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:50:15 -0800
First I want to publicly say "Thank You" to Judy Cooke and to Kristine
Lunny for their wonderful idea and their generosity in establishing the
"Giving Tree".

Next I must Thank the Secret Santa of Tolola and Spike.  Our web site is
new at www.our-pets.net/NMFerretShelter.htm
if anyone is interested.  A great big "Thank You" going out to Pamala
Momens for that much needed gift.

Now I send an apology and a confession to the FML.  I don't usually post.
My responding rule has been to wait on anything three days before writing
about anything and if after three days its still important to me then I
will respond.  This eliminates a LOT of stuff.  My last post was posted in
great grief that I was going through at the time and I lashed out from my
pain.  I am sorry.

Now, this is to Tara Redford; you made me cry.  I read the FML at work and
I can usually skip the messages that might make me cry.  But yours snuck up
on me.  I try not to concentrate on the pain of being a shelter and choose
to remember only the joy.  I have lost some of my best fur friends this
last year and I still can't talk about them to anyone.  I can't remember
what your post said all I know is it triggered outright sobs from me.
Thank goodness I have my own office.  I guess you hit too close to a
sensitive spot.  :)

Thank You All, again,

Amanda Christmas, director
NM Ferret Shelter & Rescue