From:
Patrick Faas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 13:26:13 CET
Dear ferret Friends,
Since a ferret is close to being a living cuddly toy, I would love to have
Stinky (as the children in the street decided to call my fuzzy) sleep in my
bed.  Whenever I get the chance I allow her to spend the night with me, but
my girlfriend objects vehemently, since Stinky poohs en pees under our
pillows.  Stinky has also taken to using the bed of our lodger as a toilet
whenever she gets the chance.

Stinky is only three months old.  I am still in the process of toilet
training her.  It is not going all that well yet.  Basically I am trying to
find out which spots of the house she prefers.  I am happy to take her up
on her suggestions, but with using the bed as a toilet I cannot agree,
since it brings me in such trouble with my flatmates.  Unfortunately I can
never catch her in the act.  The bed is her toilet when we sleep.  Banning
her from the bedroom altogether is not that easy.  We already had to
replace the wooden threshold with a large slab of marble.  Stinky now
spends hours trying to remove it, when my girlfriend and I lock ourselves
into the bedroom.  I feel very sad hearing her outside, because I would so
prefer to have Stinky in the bed with us.  Caging Stinky at night (which is
my girlfriend's solution) is not my preferred option.

Does anybody have any experience with this problem?  Please mail me.

Patrick Faas