From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 23:50:05 -0400
If you missied the Martha Stewart show Friday morning on CBS you missed a
great PR on animals but it was great with Splash.  He was very entertaining
and showed him playing with puppies, kittens and even parrots.  They talked
about how ferrets dig at the carpet and how to take a piece of card board,
tape in down with duct tape and it will deter the digging.  They spoke about
what a great pet the ferret makes and how much mail Splash gets, more than
anyone else!!!!  Isn't that the way it should be?

One other thing they talked about was litter training.  Of course they were
talking about cats but I figure ferrets might benefit from it too.  Put down
heavy duty tin foil beside the box and they should just go in the box.  I
had to work but my great husband taped it for me.

Also, back a few days ago there was talk about someone's ferret liking
potatoes.  We have always given Burglar and Missie potatoe but when we were
finding chunks of peeling we started peeling it before giving it to them.
Now, do you think they are spoiled or what?

We were visiting Grandma's house awhile back and she keeps her potatoes out
on the porch.  All of a sudden Burglar went running through the kitchen and
had picked the biggest potatoe he could carry, held high over his head.
Guess he was storing up for later!!

Love and Fuzzie Kisses,

Burglar, Missitoo, Flower, Blossom
and Penny(the keeper)