From:
Susie Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:27:17 -0600
Hi, my name is Susie, I have 7 children in ages from 5-14.  We got my son
"the animal nut" a ferret for his 14th birthday in Sept.  Taz is a male
sable and was about 8 weeks when we got him.  He was descented and neutered.
Taz is loved a lot and has total run of the house (ferretproofed), when we
are home and awake.  When he is free he always goes back to his cage to
potty.  One day we left the cage up on the stand instead of putting it on
the floor for him to get back into.  Well when he had to go, he just went
right in the spot the litter box would of been in if we had put the cage
down... Not even in a corner.  He sure taught us!

The reason I am writing is I am looking to adopt another fuzzie.  We feel
like Taz would benefit from having a friend, not to mention how much we
would love to have another one to love.  I have been searching the web and
telephone book and have not seen any ferret shelters in this area (Chicago
IL) I'm sure there has to be one somewhere around here.  I feel like it
would be better to adopt a ferret from a shelter, one that needs a home then
to make the pet store owners richer.

If anyone knows of a shelter in this area please let me know.  We have a
home full of love and wanting another fuzzie to share it with.