From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 11:25:07 EST
Hello ferret-folks,

A few days ago somebody asked here about screaming during fights, and
whether it's part of play or a sign of genuine distress-- if there was an
answer to that, could somebody let me know?  Amelia screeches like a
pint-sized banshee, even when she seems to be holding her own.

Secondly, I wanted to say thanks to all those who wrote in response to my
questions about Cully's coma-like episode-- I really appreciated it.  Since
it seems to have been an isolated incident and he is other- wise quite
active and healthy, for now it's just something to keep in mind.  I'll still
worry about it happening when there's nobody around to revive him, but since
I can't carry him around with me 24 hours a day (much as I might want to!)
I'll just have to have faith that it won't happen.

I'm also sorry to hear that Sandy and Tater have been receiving unpleasant
mail, as have others in the recent past.  One of the things I love about the
FML is that while we all are united by our love for these shoe-stealing,
key-hiding, cucumber-theiving fuzzbugs, there is a diversity of opinions
that is for the most part well-accepted.  I read what various people have to
contribute and then make up my own mind.  That's what discussion is all
about.  In email, sometimes it's easy to feel insulted, or to detect a tone
that isn't there-- take a hint from our furry friends, and assume that
nothing out there is out to get you, and even if it was, your own
self-confidence is more than enough to send a message that you can't be
intimidated (I think here of the time Amelia cornered a Doberman in the
park-- it hid behind its owner with its tail between its legs).  So those of
you who have recieved nasty letters, please don't leave the rest of us, and
those who send them, please just stop to think long and hard about what you
think you are responding to-- maybe there was no intended insult or slight.

Whew, I guess I was on the soapbox today.  The air up there makes you giddy
and write far too much!

Regina (who agrees that the FML is indeed the breakfast of champions)
Amelia (if you don't want me to bite your feet, then why do you wear
        the slipper socks when you know I find them irresistable?)
Cully (if you don't want me to bite your feet, then why don't you wear
       socks, when you know I find bare feet irresistable?)