From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 14:01:53 -0800
Q: >This is a question I would like some help with-Our youngest (about 3-4
>months)loves to suck/lick/clean/chew on the ears of our older ferret,
>especially while she sleeps or tries to.  Does any one know why our little
>guy would be so obsessed w/the ears of our older female-is that
>normal-dangerous-what?

A: My little baby Samantha (12 1/2 weeks old) LOVES to "clean" and chew on
my two older girls' (Jasmine and Casey's) ears while they are sleeping.  At
first I was worried because she would pull up on their ears w/ her teeth and
look as though she were trying to eat them, but Jasmine and Casey slept on,
oblivious.  I would even say they seem to like it, because I sometimes hear
a sighing type of noise from them.

Occasionally, though, Sammy will go overboard and nip/pull too hard, when
Jasmine is usually the one to hiss & nip back at her, like "get away, little
brat, I'm trying to sleep!" But otherwise, I swear their ears are cleaner
and I don't have to clean them as often now that Sam is part of my
fur-family!  She's the only one of my three who have ever done this.  BTW, I
highly recommend ferret math for those of you solo ferret owners... I
started with my first baby, Jasmine last April, added Casey in October, and
Sam this February.... and they all have really distinct personalities that
are hilarious to watch as they grow older!  Anyway I'm rambling so TNT!
Hugs to your fuzzies,

Jen, Jasmine, Casey and Samantha