From:
Simon Anthony Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:44:49 +0100
We recieved a phonecall this afternoon regarding a "Ferret" under a shed.
When I got there, there was a black sleek body just under the side of the
shed but the head was not visable. We used a cane to lightly nudge the
animal which went further under the shed. then we used a showering hosepipe
to get it to move from under the shed. When it came in view, it was the most
gorgeous jet black colour! and it was the first Mink I had ever seen, I was
stunned!

However, this very young Mink decided to scale the garden wall and was
gone....It was a very hungry one looking to seek out the owners
Chinchilla's and I dare say it will return to try again.

There have been quite a few sightings of Mink in Banbury which are possibly
coming inland off the Oxford Canal.  It is probably around this time when
young Mink are dividing out from their mothers after this summer's litters.
I welcome anybody's e-mails on Mink experiences.

Best wishes, all,
Simon, Berty, Ferty, Tom, Bubbles, Phoebe, Mitsy, Scooter and the
Magnificent 7
Banbury Independant Ferret Welfare, UK
freespace.virgin.net/simon_anthony.dyer
ICQ #41809859