From:
Charlene Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:58:25 -0500
I live in an FFZ. A shelter called me and asked me to take a ferret *nobody*
else would take. They told me she wouldn't live. They said she would need
round the clock care. They told me she had been left alone with nothing to
eat by her former owner. They told me they had been tube feeding her for a
month with little improvement. They told me she was 11 years old. They
brought me a teensy weensy bag of bones. She didn't move or make a noise
except for a frightening scream she would let out if you left her alone for
a moment. Her name is Granny and she lives in an FFZ with me and my family
of humans and beasts. I wish I didn't live in an FFZ. God - do I wish there
were not any FFZs. But, I hope a girl like Granny, now plump and full of
life, doesn't go without a home because people who want to take care of her
live in an FFZ. The whole situation is tough, really tough. My opinion: I
worry over ferrets in FFZs. But, I think I am even more concerned for
homeless ferrets. Charlene