From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 12:05:26 -0500
Hi everyone!  I hope you're having a Happy Turkey Day!

ITCHING FERRET
Tammy wrote yesterday that she has a very itchy ferret.  First, don't be too
alarmed.  Ferrets can be very itchy little critters without any cause or
reason.  Second, check for fleas.  Logically, fleas would cause a ferret to
be itchy.  If you ferret does not have fleas and still continues to be
really itchy, I would suspect that he has dry skin.  Do not bathe your
ferret more than once every two weeks or so, and be sure to use a
good-quality ferret shampoo when you do.  You might also use a conditioning
spray on a daily basis.  Some pet stores sell conditioning spray just for
ferrets, but I've also used a dog conditioning spray (can't recall the name
but it's sold in a black bottle with a pink kangaroo on it).  Just spray a
little on and brush it through his fur.

Best wishes,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets