From:
Lab Aide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 10:11:16 -0400
First off I would like to thank everyone on the FML for their great tips on
how to introduce a new year old ferret to my chunky, yet cuddly year old
sable Wilber.  Rafiki and Wilber get along great now and it's nice to see
Wilber in such better spirits now that he has a friend to be with when I'm
at class.  But this is not the reason for me writing.

Over the past month I have seen countless stories of abused ferrets.  I have
to tell you this makes me sick.  How can anyone mistreat their pets in such
a way, especially cute ones like ferrets.  It goes beyond the imagination
how anyone could abuse such sweet animals by leaving them outside, tying
rubber bands on paws, not feeding them, etc., etc., etc.  To tell you the
truth - it makes me MAD!  It's sorry to me seeing such abuse to one of God's
greatest creations.  I know from personal experience that my life has taken
a complete turn around since getting my ferts.  I am more relaxed and I have
more fun.  Watching my two guys run and play and look cute just adds
something to a day gone bad.  What I think we, as ferret owners, need is
some sort of foundation.  Something that we all can give money to so that
those ferts that need medical attention can get it.  Or the rescuers, God
bless them, can get the necessary materials (food, shelter, toys), so that
the ferts they take in can live comfortably until a home can be found and
not be a financial burden on those taking them in.  But anyways, like I
said, it's my opinion only.  You can agree or disagree, it's your choice.  I
just needed a place to vent my frustration and anger for those that abuse
their ferts.  Thanks for listening!

Tony Gondick