From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 01:48:11 -0800
The concept of killing "good " bacteria has been raised before, an d that's
why I added the special care product, which was a source of "friendly
flora"..

I re-reading some technical data I have, it says "an electrically charged
ion or microparticle of colloidal silver acting in its own subtle way, will
select from among tissue cells of the body only those disease causing
pathogens, suffocating them catalytically by simply being there.  Then,
unaffected, drift on and do it again and again.

This may be a result of the silver binding or absorbing to the cell wall  of
the micro-organism, disrupting and selectively interfering with the
prokaryotic plasma membrane.  The colloidal silver molecules could possibly
activate phagocytosis, a process by which immune cells attack, ingest and
destroy pathogens."

This seems to say to me that the exact process of action is still in the
process of being understood.  IT is common to sue something because it
works, and try to understand how later..  Such is still the story with
asprin.

The FDA exact stance is that "it is accepted as a pre-1938 medicine, and may
be continued to be manufactured and marketed without submitting evidence of
safety and effectiveness, as long as they are manufactured in the origional
manner: from letter, 9/13/91, from Consumer Safety officer, Harold Davis, US
Food & Drug Commission.

So the only possible error may be that unlike a synthetic antibotic, it may
indeed have no adverse effect on friendly bacteria as it may, thru
activating phagocytosis, act as a "pointer" or assisting agent to your own
immune systems' functioning.  (my personal conclusion, based on current
data).

Feel free to turn this into a post if it will help overall understanding of
the topic.

        Sincerely, Gary & the gang

Violence is not strength,  Compassion is not weakness.    From Camelot.

[Moderator's note: Extracted from personal correspondence with Gary, posted
with his permission.  BIG]