From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 07:03:29 -0800
       If you can't find an airline that will let you take your fuzzys on
board with you, then find one that does Delta Dash. I own Bernese Mtn. Dogs
and have had occasion to ship a puppy or adult female to be bred. Delta
Dash is more expensive but your animal is not treated like cargo. You check
them in at the front desk, they are hand carried out to the plane, after
the flight they are hand carried back inside to the front desk. They are
not treated like luggage. I've seen my puppy unloaded before the people got
off. Also, since you are traveling with them, ask for a seat where you can
see them load the luggage and watch for them to be loaded. Tell the
stewardess that you are traveling with your pets and ask her to tell the
pilot. Have him confirm that your pets are on board and that their section
is pressurized. And fly at night if you are traveling when it's warm. Good
Luck.