From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:01:53 EST
There are toy guns that shoot ping pong balls.  So you can sit there with
a stack of them and shoot them across the floor for the ferrets to chase.
That's a lot easier and exciting for them than to take a ball, squeeze it
in your fingers, and let it snap/shoot across the floor ... then chase it
down and repeat.

I'm wondering if some sort of tops would be fun.  Maybe battle tops.  Not
the metal kinds ... those could really hurt them.  But milder, larger
plastic kinds.  Little RC cars are a HOOT.  Give those a try.  They have
little mini's.  Oh yeah, and buy a tiny plastic toy fishing rod (or just
use a stick), and a toy mouse on the end.  Cast and drag, cast and drag.
Better yet, stand up and make it fly around the floor in circles.  You'll
see a predatory side to your ferret that you've never seen before.  Oddly
some toys that you'd think they'd go ape over, just don't do it for them.
That weasel ball thing ..... the small hard plastic ball that randomly
rolls around with a fake furry animal attached to it, doesn't do much.
It's like they look at some motorized things as way too predictable.  And
they get bored.  Watch out for Furbies.  They'll kill them.  So don't put
on down unless you don't care that it gets broken and unless you are on
top of it because of the tiny parts.

Some ferrets are very easy to entertain.  A paper bag.  Or a plastic
bottle with marbles in it.  A plastic bottle top.  Socks and treasures
to steal.  A potato.  Others need a lot more.  Like a pan of water with
an ice cube in it.  I can't keep up with my ferrets personally.  They
get bored so easy.  And I'm not smart enough to always come up with good
ideas for them (hey, I hear the chuckles there .... shush!).

Wolfy

http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com/