From:
Mary Segalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 11:14:09 -0400
I used LDN for the late stage lyme disease I live with. 3 mg a day.
Naltrexone at high doses is used to help drug addicts through
withdrawl. The premise behind LDN is you take it at night because
our immune systems rejuvinate then, and it is supposed to cause the
immune system to kick in to high gear. For me, I did not see any
benefit. At all. I used it for a year. I know many people with auto
immune diseases, particularly lupus and MS who use it and it helps them
tremendously. I don't think there is any drug that is "harmless", nor
have I read any information on using it for pets. Finding the correct
dose would be important. For example, MS patients are never to take
more than 1.5 mg. I started at that and worked up to 3 mg, but I was
unable to sleep at that level and had to go back down to 1.5. I know
others who felt terrible while on it, that's why I would never say it
is harmless. I surely would not know the dose for a ferret, and would
be careful with the whole thing. But there is a LDN website with alot
of information. http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Mary in Virginia