From:
Tootsie Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 01:55:52 -0500
A while ago I posted about a puppy being tortured and burned to death
in a gas oven. The two kids that did this actually received a stiff
penalty. There is a petition you can sign to thank the DA that
prosectuted these two kids.

Now why can't we contact this DA and ask him what can be done about the
DM situation in Ohio??? Why don't we all contact the ASPCA or Humane
society in that area? I know there are different ones, does anyone know
which one would be the correct one to contact? Maybe if we all grouped
together and sent mail, phone calls or whatever it takes to be heard to
the same society or even this DA? Maybe even take out a petition like
from this site, we might be heard? Here is the petition, if you would
like to read it or sign or find a way to contact DA Howard.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/311945051

There are new ferret figurines now on ebay, you can view them through
this link hopefully
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZminkey98

My sincere condolences to those of you whose babies have passed.  May
your babies who are sick soon find themselves feeling better.

Eleanor, Donald and the 11 furkids

[Moderator's note: My take on this: there's no way they would have
received 10 years if there weren't threats to humans involved -- they
told witnesses they would killed if they told anyone. THAT's what got
the prosecuter going, in my opinion. Guess I'm just a cynic. BIG]

[A later P.S.:]
You can read more about the petition and what the boys got for
punishment ( 10 years jail time and 10 years probation !!! from what I
read). There is also an email address for the DA who prosecuted these
losers and there is a 800 number and pet-abuse email to write to,
maybe that is a start to get things going on the Ohio breeder????

Any thoughts? Just an idea and my 2 cents worth.
<http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/564805100?z00m=9416011&ltl1172818730>

Eleanor