From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 22:19:53 -0400
Hi

While I usually write to try to help other folks' questions, this time I
am writing with a question of my own.  Goose, my three-year-old albino boy
has always had a bit of a problem with tail blackheads.  For some time,
I've also noticed that he's had blackheads between his toes.  Now he is
developing a more widespread skin problem.  In patchy places, his skin is
orange-ish in hue, and the pores are either orange or blackhead like in
color.  In a few, small spots where the 'acne' seems the worst, his hair
is unusually short.

I seldom bathe Goose (or any of my guys for that matter).  When I do, I use
a good quality ferret shampoo.  I launder his bedding every week in a dye
and scent-free detergent.  I use a non-allergenic litter (Care Fresh), and
for that matter Goose never uses the box anyway.

What's up?  Could this possibly be an early adrenal indicator?  Ringworm?
Allergies?  Just yucky skin?

Goose is in all other ways, normal, healthy, active, playful, eating/pooping
well, etc.  I'll gladly rush him off to the vet's but I would like some
thoughts or suggestions as to what the problem may be.  By the way, none
of my other ferts are experiencing any kind of similar problem, so I doubt
that it's contagious.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
Visit the Sage Ferrets web site at