Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:37:52 -0400
June 19, 2004
Master Largo's News

Cub Reporter Andy
Editor Mr. Bones

Okay; okay, so here I am again.  I think I am going to like being the
Cub Reporter for the shelter; I gets lots of letters from all over from
lots of wonderful humans.  I get lots and lots of attention.  Way more
attention than I ever did at that poopy human's house that had me before
shelter mum took me and Becca in.  So let's see what has been going on
here;

Mr. Bones got really, really sick, he had to be taken to the hospital,
mum had to rush him up for a mergency surgery on June 3 he could not pee;
he had stones in his pee pee.  He better stop eaten them stones if he
can't pee them out don't you think?  Mum says he didn't eat the stones to
get the stones, but if mum is right then how in the heck did he get them
in there?  Then mum had the Ferret Only Clinic on June 5, boy or boy were
there lots and lots of humans and ferrets around here that day.  Aunt Ret
camed on Friday before clinic to help mum get things done, she still had
lots of things that had not been completed and clinic day was just hours
away.  So Aunt Ret was mum's slave for the day.  I think mum did not make
her work too hard though.  Then later Friday evening more humans came and
put up tents, got the play yard ready for us kids to play in, and then we
all ate dinner together.  Mum feeds the workers when they come the night
before clinic to help.  Then Saturday was clinic day and mum found Mr.
Harry out in the driveway sitting in his car at 4:30 am.  Harry drove all
the way from this far away place called Westport Ma to come to help mum
sell raffle tickets.  Oh yeah Master largo's bike, that went to Bob in
Fairport he was the winner.  Aunt Ret and her mom (Bandit's far away mom)
made most of the raffle items for mums raffle table.  Aunt Sis made up 2
baskets for the table special for humans, to set on the raffle table.
Then when the lights camed on outside humans from all over started coming
in to help mum get the last minute things set up.  Our favorite Doc, Aunt
Mary and Aunt Pat came in about 9:30 then all the Xcitment started to
happen.  You shudda seen my mum, she was one crazy, running, lady.  she
was running to get this for that person; and that for this person.  I
heard her say "I sure do love my hilly back yard most of the time but I
sure could use a flat yard right now"!!!!!  We had food, drinks; cotton
candy (Deena bought mum a cotton candy machine) so mum set it up so the
humans could have cotton candy.  Mum said NO FERRETS get any!!!  What's
up with that?  Ooh Ooh yeah then there was this neat lady here she was
shooting this box and making more humans and ferrets flat on paper.  Mum
says they are called pictures.  She did them of everyone that wanted one
of them and their fur kids.  Man they are beauteous pictures she took.
Mum is getting them and gonna ask somebody to make a collage for her to
post on our web site.  The dancing ferret lady was here too so the humans
could buy the neat stuff she makes.  Mum was hoping Mr. Bones could come
home when Aunt Mary came for clinic day but our favorite Doc said he was
still too sick.  The clinic day was a super success, mum thinks everyone
got lots of food to eat, and our favorite doc sawed 32 ferrets that day.
3 of them was Stewart, Peanut and Butter cuz this Andy guy (no not me!
A human that has MY name) that has been hanging around the shelter fell
in love with them and he wanted to take them home to live with him.  So
mum got them updated shots and check up so they could leave as soon as
all the things were done for him to take them home.  There was a couple
of really sad things that happened on clinic day.  Becca my sissy, my
friend, my cage mate, my play mate and Enya left for Rainbow Bridge that
day too.  Aunt Mary and mum helped them to leave cuz they was so so sick.
Kaleigh and Peter came in during clinic to get us kids up, cages cleaned
and just keep the shelter running while mum was running the clinic, then
when it was all over and time to clean up Donna stayed to clean playrooms
for mum.  Jill, Stacie, Ret, Harry, Sue and bunches of more people stayed
to help mum pick up, bring in and put things away.  Kaleigh had to go
home to go to work but Peter satyed to keep cleaning cages.  Geeeezzz you
would think we was dirty ferret kids.  Hee hee.  Mum would have been days
getting all that caught up if it had not been for all the humans that
stuck around and helped her get caught up BEFORE they left.  Oh yeah in
between all this citment mum had Robinson boarders and Powers boarders
so mum sure was busy.

Finally on Thursday June 10, Mr. Bones could come home, so Kaleigh
brought him home and tooks our Penelope back to see our favorite Doc.
Remember Kaleigh is the amblence without lights and sirens?  Penelope has
a tumor in her tummy that Doc says he can not fix so she is going to live
with us for as long as she has and is comfortable.  She is eating and
playing, being silly so mum will let her hang out for more time.  Mr.
Bones is getting banana medicin and hurt sticks 2 times a day; he goes
back in for more cuts on his belly June 24th so he will be coming home
with strings in his belly again.  So will Oscar.  They is both going in
to see Doc this week.  UTOH!  Aunt Mary called and Doc can not fix Mr.
Bones.  Mr. Bones has a tumor in his belly our favorite Doc says if he
takes the tumor out, Mr. Bones will probably die so he is going to leave
it be.  We are going to try Lupron hurt sticks on him to see if that
helps him some.  He can not come home until Monday now.  Oscar is going
to come home before that.

Mum did a home visit at Andy's house the following weekend after clinic.
Andy's place passed inspection, with a few minor changes he needed to
make to keep it safe for the fur kids.  Kaleigh and mum went together to
go see Andy, Kaleigh is so smart she made some suggestion too, they were
great suggestions.  That is good cuz that got the kids out of here, to
over there and MORE TIME for ME with mum!!!

I am having a hard time memebering what all happened here this last
month, there has been so much going on.  Andy ( the human Andy not me)
did come get Stewart and the girls last Saturday, if you want to see a
picture of them it is on our web site for all of you to see.  Oh yeah
another sad thing, one of the girls that went to live in Macedon last
year left (Lily) for Rainbow Bridge last week.  She was sick, our
favorite Doc had done every thing he could to fix her, so her family was
just keeping her comfortable and happy till she left.  She had a really
really good life in her new home.  Iris is left to get all the attention
they can give her and be an only fur kid.  Just so you know Holly;
Juliet, Feisty and Rascal are waiting for you to come get them when
you has no more ferrets in your house!

Mum was really busy driving that big yellow thing over and over again for
days.  She would come home go out come home go out..  Man you could not
get her to stay home for very long.  BUT she says school is done for the
summer so she will be here now, no more big yellow things for a while.
Well mum says I has to stop telling about the shelter, this it getting to
long.  So I will save some of it for the next letter I do.  I sure hope
that Mr. Bones gets home soon so he can help me do this.

Kibble and Wet Nose Kisses
Andy

e-mail [log in to unmask]
Shelter and online store www.ferretfarm.org