From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2011 00:26:05 -0500
Hello again Saraferret,

We found our little Slim (aka Slimmy) passed away in the cage
overnight. She had only been here for less than a year. Slim was blind
(we didn't realize until we got her home) and she had a ping pong ball
size tumor on her chest that we had removed. Her previous owners could
not care for her and her sister, Monkey, anymore. They kindly provide
the money for the surgery, though it was supposed to go to Monkey's
adrenal surgery. The chest tumor was infected and bleeding, so it
became priority. Before the tumor was gone she would sleep by herself
but once removed she slept with cagemates all the time.

Slim seemed to me to be in her own little world. But to my fiancé she
seemed normal. I guess he knew her better than I did. She would come
up to him and ask him for nuggets, sometimes gently or not so gently
nipping him. Then she'd go and lay down under the blue sheet in the
living room and that's where she'd fall asleep, eating her "nuggies".
She had big piles of them. We got bathrugs and made a trail from the
living room to the kitchen on the tile to the water and food dishes so
she would know where she was when she was out, and she never did stop
walking into things, totally, but the rugs helped. We have another
blind ferret who you would never know is blind - Slim, you knew.

Slimmy was one of the only ferrets that Lucy would let sleep with her
in her Christmas stocking/sock. Anyone else except for Slim or Monkey,
she would let us know to get them out! So I hope Slim and Lucy (who
passed away in January) get to see each other again. Monkey and Bill
and I miss her very much.

Sincerely,
Laryssa