From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:34:40 -0500
>From:    "J. S. LEE" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NewZealand Ferrets
>A pet importer here told me that he could get ferrets (neutered and
>descented) from NZ quite cheap.

The wholesale price of ferrets has been around $60 for quite a while.  We
have a pet store down our way that sells them for $89.  Gives you a good
idea what the pet stores markup is when they sell them for $160 doesn't it.

>But, I have read that there are wild ferrets (M. p. furo) there.  And I
>suppose that they are selling wild babies because of such lower price.

It is very doubtful that anyone anywhere is selling 'wild babies'.  I also
think the NZ wild ferrets were polecat-fitch crosses breeds.  I also thought
that wild population was gone or under control but I'm not sure of that.

>From:    Melvin Girten <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Boiled Eggs?
>To make a long story short, I gave him a SMALL piece (white & yolk), and he
>went APE!!  Ok, so we now have a new treat, but I wanted to make sure it's
>not going to hurt him.

Eggs should be fine from what I've been told.  For cheap amusement, give
your ferrets a whole hard boiled egg (peel the shell).  Don't do it anywhere
you don't want a mess.

Masschusetts ferrets and folks....

Congratulations on finally making it.  We hope to be up visiting your
ferrets openly soon.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://userwww.qnet.com/~killian/zen_home.htm