From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 22:25:10 -0500
We here at the home of Meltdown (Boss Weasel), Ruffle (Stink Kitty),
'Chopper the organic helicopter (Little Pain in the ...), Spot (Huggy Boy),
Meeteetse (Fly), and Warp (Zoom Kitty) -- all of whom answer to their
nicknames, despite Bob now laying claim to 'Chopper's (Get better soon;
she's very territorial about such things.) -- wanted to tell you about a
newspaper article: Kane County Chronicle (IL), Friday, November 10, 1995,
titled Ferret's Alarm Saves Family from Fire, on pages 1 and 6.  This is the
third such case I can recall hearing about in around the last 10 to whatever
years.  Anyway, the family dogs slept through the smoke as did the people,
but Sam (female) who had been purchased at the Naperville Dog Patch Pet
Center, managed to wake the hubby, Kim Gardner, who then alerted the rest of
the family (4 more people and dogs) to the 2 a.m. electrical fire.  All got
out safely, and the family, with pets, is now staying somewhere else until
the $40,000 worth of repairs can be done.

                        Sukie, Steve, and aforementioned furries